PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Speed limit on the fire roads for all vehicles and motorcycles is 8mph.
2) KAHUKU IS NOT A DUMP. Pack in, Pack out. Your parked area must be clean. Discard all rubbish in bins.
3) Four-wheeling, golf carts, go carts, pocket bikes, bicycles, pedal assist e-bikes (or vehicles of such nature) are prohibited in the park.
4) For safety, while riding on the designated fire roads and trails, all riders must stay to their right.
5) Open fires and fireworks of any kind are prohibited in the park.
6) Firearms, paintball guns, air soft guns, pellet guns, bow and arrows, etc. and activities of such nature are prohibited in the park.
7) Drones of any type, remote-controlled helicopters, planes, or devices of such nature that can be airborne are prohibited in the park.
8) Safety gear must always be worn when riding in the park, such as helmet, long sleeve shirt, long pants, riding boots, goggles and gloves are minimum requirements. Regardless if you are a passenger or a rider, safety gear must be worn.
9) In riding in the park, ride with 2 or more people. Also inform others where you will be riding and what time to be expected back. Remember to pack a cell phone for emergencies. Note: Not all cell phones have service at the park.
10) Park marshals have the authority to enforce the park rules and if need to, escort violators from the park, request for local law enforcement assistance, and/or initiate penalties and/or fines.
11) Riders, family and/or friends who directly foul and use abusive language to a park marshal/official is subject to be escorted from the park which may include local law enforcement assistance, penalties and fines.
12) The HMA does not test the skill of individual motorcycle riders that are members of HMA or otherwise. Riders are responsible of their own safety and the safety of others.
13) Motor vehicle mishaps can result in injury or death. Motor vehicles should never be used by minors without parental consent or supervision. HMA does not test the skill of individual riders in HMA sanctioned, standard events or otherwise, nor does the HMA license amateur competitors or judge rider competence. Riders are solely responsible for their own safety and the safety of others.
14) HMA does not set engineering and design standards or inspect fire roads.
15) The rider must always be large and mature enough to control his/her machine and ride it safely. Children must ride in the company of their parent(s)/guardian(s).
16) All who enter the park must abide by all HMA rules and regulations including signage throughout the park.
17) Park opens at 8:00am on regular riding days. On some race events, park may open at 6:30am, however there will be no riding before 8:00am.
18) Park closes promptly at 6:00p.m. (Therefore, riding must cease by 5:30p.m. and 5:00p.m. during winter hours)
19) Failure to follow the rules will be result in the following and will be logged into your account: 1st verbal warning, 2nd written warning, 3rd temporary ban, permanent ban and/or revoked membership at the sole discretion of HMA. Any violent/physical incidents and/or extreme safety violations will result in permanent ban
ARTICLE IV. RACE RULES
(a) See Appendix A. On Race day the registration package must be completed. It shall include registration forms, credit manual, scoring sheets, and classes. Race forms will be given out to people with a clip board then entered on the class sheets. The class sheets are used for determining the overall positions at the end of the race. Tally sheets are used during the race to score the riders.
(b) Registration will include waiver sheets for those rider’s underage. Notarized signatures for parents.
(c) Riders should show membership cards during registration. All riders must be members.